Welcome to the Student Section for Public Health Sciences!
Find us on Facebook at MF.PHS.
Congratulations to the new executive board and student representatives!
Public Health Sciences Section Board 2017
President: Sanna Edwin
Vice-President: Salvador Alvarado Lopez
Treasurer: Yuhan Guo
Secretary: Joseph Kazibwe
Communications Officer: Claudia Figueras Julian
Event Managers: Nikola Mastilovic, Atere Ayodeji “DJ” Olusola
Mihretab Abadom, Loes Crielaard, My Fridel, Ronan McGabe, Isabelle Schartz, Kelsea Smit
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, engaging at all PHS meeting and events, assisting officers on miscellaneous projects, participate and promote PHS social activities.
PN5 Student Representatives*
Global Health – Natalie Boyle
Health Informatics – Loes Crielaard
Public Health: Epidemiology – Kelsea Smit
Public Health: Health Economic, Policy and Management – Mihretab Abadom
Work and Health – Vacant
*Please contact these individuals if you have concerns or remarks you would like them to bring up to meetings with KI faculty and Staff.
Once again, we we look forward to a great year!
The Public Health Section deals with student-related issues in the different Public Health tracks at the Karolinska Institutet.
– Master of Science in Global Health
– Master of Science in Health Informatics
– Master of Science in Work and Health
– Master of Science in Public Health (Epidemiology / Health Economics, Policy and Management)
We are students from the different years that meet once a month to discuss the current programs. We organize different activities for the Public Health students to establish networks and provide each other feedback at the beginning of each academic year.
You are more than welcome to join the meetings and discuss interesting topics. We encourage both international and Swedish students to come. If you are interested to get in touch with the section or interested in getting involved, please contact the section members listed below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where can I go to “student-friendly” places in Stockholm?
- Historiska Museum: Free admission every Friday – http://www.historiska.se/home/visit/admission/
- Nordiska Museum: Free admission every Wednesday at 5pm – http://www.nordiskamuseet.se/en/visit-us
- Herman’s Restaurant: 1/2 price on buffet with student ID – http://www.hermans.se
- Free Stockholm Tour: http://www.freetourstockholm.com
- The Liffey English Pub: Free Buffet after 5pm – http://www.theliffey.se